If you are trying to watch what you eat and want to have lots of energy to get through a workout regimen, be sure to eat plenty of protein. Protein is what sustains you, and it can leave you feeling far more satisfied than other low-calorie food options. Before you head to the gym or start a rigorous training schedule, start each day with a protein punch to help you reach your personal health goals.
For a high-protein breakfast, consider these five flavorful ideas.
- Pancakes. Pancakes can pack a protein punch if they are prepared properly. Go with whole-wheat pastry flour and cut out the white sugar, white flour, and oil from your recipe to make it more nutritious. Add an ounce of chia seeds to your pancake batter or toppings for an added 4 grams of protein to jump-start your day!
- Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese is often overlooked by those trying to incorporate more protein in their diet, but it is packed with protein (around 24 grams per cup serving). The beautiful thing about cottage cheese is that it makes a tasty snack at any time and can be eaten with savory foods like eggs or veggies as well as with something sweet!
- Greek yogurt. Close on the heels of protein-rich cottage cheese, Greek yogurt has around 20 grams of protein per cup serving. Add some blueberries, mango, or cubed melon to add some fiber and vitamins to this lovely morning meal.
- Super smoothies. Drink a protein-rich breakfast by combining almond milk, protein powder, and your favorite fruits into a super smoothie. Add a handful of kale or spinach to increase the fiber and protein of your morning pick-me-up.
- Eggs. One egg has nearly 6 grams of protein, which makes eggs an excellent dietary option for those that train, work out, or are trying to lose weight. The protein in eggs helps to keep you full and satisfied longer, so you may be less inclined to "cheat" when you are watching what you eat!
If you are trying to lose weight and want to maintain energy to get you through rigorous workouts or a busy day, make sure to eat plenty of protein. Protein is the building block of lean muscle, so it will keep you feeling satisfied, and you can prevent binging by enjoying a high-protein breakfast. Try these five ideas to recharge your battery and keep you on track to reach your health and fitness goals!
For more ideas or to get protein pancake mix, consult companies such as Eat Naturall, LLC.Share